[Histonet] Re: Rate of microtome injuries in histotechnology schools

Tom Wells Tom_Wells <@t> bcit.ca
Fri Nov 29 13:13:45 CST 2013

Forget the students; warm sounds good and I could always buy a bullet-proof vest. When do I start! :-)

Tom Wells BSc, MEd, MLT, ART
Faculty
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, School of Health
British Columbia Institute of Technology
SW03-3088, 3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC, V5G 3H2

E Tom_Wells <@t> bcit.ca
T (604) 412-7594
C (778) 228 -4102

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bob Richmond
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 11:04 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Rate of microtome injuries in histotechnology schools

Tom Wells BSc, MEd, MLT, ART, Faculty, British Columbia Institute of Technology, Burnaby, BC, Canada notes:

>>We have a rather large [histotechnology] program and take in
approximately 60 (or more) students a year. Our histotechnology semester is around 20 weeks long.<<

60 a year? Hey, how about sending us a few of them south of the border? The weather's really much better here, if you don't mind dodging a few bullets and dealing with healthcare.gov!

Happy Black Friday!

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville, Tennessee