[Histonet] Rush Processing Protocol

Ian R Bernard ibernard <@t> uab.edu
Fri Nov 29 09:43:42 CST 2013

Fellow Histonetters, our laboratory mostly processes small biopsy specimens such as GI, skins, vas deferens, ECCs, Cervical biopsies, EMBXs and  breast core bxs with our largest routine specimen being gall bladders.

We are seeking recommendations on a proven same-day or less than 8-hour processing program that would facilitate processing rush specimens only. Of course, we would validate this protocol with our processor and reagents. Any suggestions? Looking for total time and optimum time in each reagent.  Our routine overnight is  little over a 12 hour protocol.

Please provide an evidence-based reference for optimum minimum processing time of biopsy tissues versus maximum time. Below are the reagents and amount of reagent containers we use.

10 % NBF- x 2
70% ALC- x 1
95% ALC- x 1
100% ALC- x 4