[Histonet] Rate of microtome injuries in Histotechnology schools.

Tom Wells Tom_Wells <@t> bcit.ca
Wed Nov 27 14:10:36 CST 2013

Hi,
I am curious about the rate of microtome cuts that students receive in Histotechnology schools. We have a rather large program and take in approximately 60 (or more)  students a year. Our Histotechnology semester is around 20 weeks long. During that time our students cut approximately 300 - 400 blocks per student. We typically have approximately 10 minor cuts per semester. How does this compare to other schools? Please email or call me directly to discuss this further. Thank you very much. Tom

Tom Wells BSc, MEd, MLT, ART
Faculty
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, School of Health
British Columbia Institute of Technology
SW03-3088, 3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC, V5G 3H2

E Tom_Wells <@t> bcit.ca
T (604) 412-7594