[Histonet] neuropath stains

Pam Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Thu Nov 14 09:36:21 CST 2013

So far when I ask about neuro stains being automated by any company the answer is no.  The volume clinically is not high enough and the times required would tie the stainers up from hours to overnight in for some steps.  It would almost require a dedicated stainer for neuro only and would be very expensive.  We do ours manually.

Pam Marcum

UAMS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Felton Nails" <flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:46:04 PM
Subject: [Histonet] neuropath stains

Are the basic muscle and nerve biopsy stains being performed manually or has someone automated these stains?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.