[Histonet] Speaking of picrosirius red...

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 18:15:43 CST 2013

Hi,
     In light of the current discussion about picrosirius red I would like
to revisit a question that was asked a while back. If it was answered
publicly, I apologize I probably missed it and didn't see it in the
archives. Someone asked what is the purpose of the phosphomolybdic acid
step before the picrosirius red. If anyone has a good answer for this I
would like to know. While it is mostly curiosity, I think knowing what each
step in a stain is for helps keep the quality and consistency of stains.

Thanks,
Amos