[Histonet] Biopsy Problems

Joanne Clark jclark <@t> pcnm.com
Wed Nov 6 11:22:14 CST 2013

Hi Fellow Histonetters, we have started having this problem with our G.I. biopsies, and not all of them, just the odd one here and there.  After staining, when looking at it on the scope, you can't get it to focus in one plane.  It's not cutting artifact, because we have recut the block making sure it is well cooled etc. before picking up and staining the section.  The cells, when in focus, look fixed and properly processed, and the staining is the way it should be.  I have no idea what is causing this artifact.  Has anyone else seen this and can shed some light on what is causing it?

Joanne Clark, HT
Director of Histology
Pathology Consultants of New Mexico

Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential, or legally privileged or protected. It is intended only for the use
of the individual(s) and entity named in the message. If you are not an intended
recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
material from your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message and
do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information it
contains.