[Histonet] Faxitron Xray digital imaging

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> outlook.com
Tue Nov 5 10:47:16 CST 2013

We have used the Faxitron instrument for the past 3 years at multiple sites. Faxitron creates a digital image of a specimen quickly and safely and a t multiple magnifications. The instrument is placed in either Surgery or Surgical Pathology (SP) and we use it primarily on breast cases to assist in orientation and gross dissection, identifying radioactive seeds or locating micro calcification. The instrument is easy to use, safe and you can connect to multiple LIS systems and a Hospital PACS. There is no code to charge for use when used in SP, only when used by Radiology or Surgery.

There is only one company that manufactures and sells the instrument:
Faxitron Bioptics, LLC
Tucson, AZ
877-910-0030

The are willing to bring a unit to your site for demonstration and you may be able to talk them into leaving for a evaluation.
William DeSalvo, BS HTL(ASCP)