[Histonet] another Movats question (paraffin)

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Wed May 29 15:18:02 CDT 2013

What happens if you skip the ammonium hydroxide?

Peggy Wenk
-----Original Message-----
From: Molinari, Betsy
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:45 AM
To: Lee & Peggy Wenk ; Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] another Movats question (paraffin)

Hi Peggy,
No, this is a batch I have been using since 12/12. I purchased it from
Sigma. It seems faint after the ammonium hydroxide . I did a run yesterday
and I did get some blue, but faintly, not as bright as I am used to seeing.
Everything else was picture perfect. Ray suggested that it may be a change
in my tap water. I have our current report and am waiting on the report
before that one. I am doing another run today and am considering rinsing in
DH2O after the Alcian Blue and ammonium hydroxide.
What do you think?
Betsy

-----------------------------

Betsy  Molinari
Senior Histology Research Technician
832-355-6524 | BMolinari <@t> texasheart.org | www.texasheart.org

6770 Bertner Ave., MC 1-283, Houston, TX 77030

Confidentiality Notice: This message may be confidential and/or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not review, disseminate or
copy this e-mail, its contents and/or any attachments. Please immediately
notify the sender If you have received this e-mail in error and delete it
from your computer system.