[Histonet] Bone Marrow Issues

Shirley A. Powell POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu
Wed May 29 10:31:00 CDT 2013

I had this happen when I was doing IHC and changed to regular slides and used StayOn from Leica. Had more success with keeping the tissue on the slides.  I now do autopsy slides and do the same.

Shirley

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jordan Phillips
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:56 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Bone Marrow Issues

HI everyone.  We are currently having problems with all of our bone marrows, mainly clots, washing off the slides.  We fix our bone marrows in Zenkers.  We use positive charged slides, put the slides in the oven for a minimum of 2 hours and hand depar with no agitation.  When we get to the water, the sections just float off the slides, leaving just a rim of the tissue.   Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!