[Histonet] MDM2 on lipsarcoma IHC

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Mon May 27 12:54:00 CDT 2013

Hi Gudrun,

We only do FISH for MDM2 but it is positive for gene amplification in both
well differentiated liposarcomas and dedifferentiated liposarcomas.
Lipomas and other sarcomas should be negative as far as I've seen.  I
haven't worked with the antibody or seen that staining, but I'd guess that
you are right and the protocol needs to be brought down.  That link you
have in your e-mail seems to imply that the antibody stains nearly all
nuclei though.  Maybe the antibody isn't just staining the overexpressed
cells... but all of them? "Ubiquitous nuclear expression" doesn't sound
very specific for the cells that are positive for gene amplification.

Mark