[Histonet] Working in a Lab alone

Victor A. Tobias vtobias <@t> uw.edu
Fri May 24 09:19:29 CDT 2013

Pam,

Sounds like the bigger issue is to clean up the unsafe work conditions.

Victor

Victor Tobias HT(ASCP)
Clinical Applications Analyst
Harborview Medical Center
Dept of Pathology Room NJB244
Seattle, WA 98104
vtobias <@t> u.washington.edu
206-744-2735
206-744-8240 Fax
Privileged, confidential or patient identifiable information may be contained in this message. This information is meant only for the use of the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, or if the message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this
transmission. Instead, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of pam plumlee
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 6:55 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Working in a Lab alone

Good morning:  I'm trying to help out my CLS coworkers...they have been asked to work Saturdays-by themselves-1 person alone in the lab for approx. 4-5 hours.  They are a bit worried by the security factor-although we are located in a kind of remote industrial area, the building has card key locked doors.  My concern is working in the lab alone.  We have many freezers, fridges and other water sources that may present a slip risk.  Does anyone know if there are state, CAP, CLIA guidelines, preventative rules about this matter.  We are located in California.  Any help, suggestions appreciated.  Pam at BioT.