[Histonet] Billie's Blurbs-- High Tea at the Jekyll Club GSH Meeting April 12 - 14

Zimmerman, Billie BZIMMERM <@t> gru.edu
Fri Mar 22 09:48:24 CDT 2013

For all of you history buffs, there's a treat for you on Jekyll Island.  It's the Jekyll Island Club located minutes from where we will be meeting.  The Jekyll Island Club hotel is a 4 star resort and is a National Historic Landmark.  Even if you're not crazy about history, this place is worth the visit. When you walk in, you feel like you're walking into the book/movie "The Great Gatsby". There were folks on the lawn playing croquet!  My brother told me that the hotel was  haunted but he stayed there and didn't see a thing!

***I suggest High Tea at the Jekyll Island Club.  It's from 4pm - 5:15pm and I think it's $14.95. ( It's much, much cheaper than the High Tea at the Empress Hotel on Victoria Island that we did last year.) It's served in the grand dining room.  Please bring your camera because it's beautiful.  Again, I'm asking you not to wear your speedo or crochet bikini.  I'm attaching a link to the hotel, for you to see for yourself.  I will say one last thing---THERE IS NO DOLLAR MENU. If you want to dine here bring some plastic, green stuff, or a friend who wants to buy your meal.

http://www.jekyllclub.com/about-us/hotel-history/

Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University have consolidated to become Georgia Regents University. Effective January 9, 2013, my email address has changed to BZIMMERM <@t> gru.edu. Please update your address book to reflect this change.