[Histonet] Possible continuing automatic staining problem

Stephenson, Sheryl SStephenson <@t> lifecell.com
Tue Mar 19 06:24:05 CDT 2013

What do you mean by "muted"; can you give a little more description?  And what type of tissue, and is this H&E?

Sheryl Stephenson | Histology Technician

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lisa
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:46 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Possible continuing automatic staining problem

Hi
We have this continuing problem, don't know if its a staining or possible processing problem, all our slides keep coming out dark blue & muted, we have adjusted the times every possible way, tried cutting thinner, we change our solutions regularly on our VIP processing machine. Our automatic strainer is a older tissue Tec but the Dr's have never been overjoyed with the stain, but lately even if we hand stain it, it still looks very muted under the microscope......Please any suggestions out there, Dr & histotech's very frustrated.
Lisa A

Sent from my iPad