[Histonet] Hematoxylin & Eosin-Y Re-staining

Allyse Mazzarelli allyse124 <@t> gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 10:30:14 CDT 2013

Hi all you histonetters!

I had stained a couple of slides yesterday using H&E, but the staining came
out a little too light for my liking. Any set protocols for stripping the
stain and redoing it? (I use 7100 plastic resin). I've put the slides in
xylene to remove the coverslip/mounting medium, and if I cannot get a
decent restain, I'll just cut more sections. I'm just curious if anyone has
a protocol that works well. This would save me a lot of time!

Thanks!

Allyse Mazzarelli
Histologist
Neurotech USA Inc.