[Histonet] SMC Immuno and Elastin combo?

Patricia Bourassa pbourassa <@t> karospharma.com
Wed Mar 13 10:58:27 CDT 2013

Hello,

I've read some papers which reference the combination of smooth muscle cell
actin immunostaining with a Verhoeff's elastin counterstain.

Has anyone ever done this and if so, do you have protocol you'd be willing
to share?

I'm staining mouse and rat lung and have a SMC protocol working that uses
an Abcam antibody and NovaRed chromagen (peroxidase).   I've also done EVG
staining so I'm familiar with the general process.  The combination is what
I'm not sure of - I gave it a try for the heck of it and wiped out the
immunostain.

We've just started looking at this, so nothing is set in stone and I'd be
grateful for any advice/ procedural help.

Thanks in advance!

Patti Bourassa
Karos Pharmaceuticals
--