[Histonet] QC Slide retention

Riesen, Rebecca Rebecca.Riesen <@t> hma.com
Mon Mar 4 14:33:40 CST 2013

How long do you folks retain you Daily QC slides?  Is it the same as the "diagnostic" slides?  I know the correct length of time for "diagnostic" slides in my particular area, but I wasn't sure if the same timeline applies to the actual daily H&E or PAP QC slides. Is the retention of the actual "documentation" that I have of the quality of these stains each day sufficient?  I looked thru the archives, but could only find the previous discussions on "Diagnostic" slides.  Thanks Histonetters!!

Rebecca Riesen, Histology Supervisor, PRMC, Naples, FL