[Histonet] RE: cryomolds

Davis, Cassie CDavis <@t> che-east.org
Mon Jul 29 12:30:22 CDT 2013

The cryomold have been moved on the website: check under specification & accessories of the cryostats. I hate when they move things on websites but I guess they are employing the grocery store theory (move thing so customers will see other stuff to buy as they look for what they really need)

http://www.sakura-americas.com/products/tisstek-cryo3mc.html

My experience with the square & rectangle ones, they are ok for about 1-2 uses with the paraffin, then the centers warp. We did freeze some of our case tissue to save for long term storage in the square ones with OTC but we didn't have to cut the tissues

Cassandra Davis
CDavis <@t> che-east.org
302-575-8095
Message: 11
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:16:17 +0000
From: Carol Torrence <ctorrence <@t> kmcpa.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Looking for cryomolds
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

I found an old box of Tissue Tek  4728 cryomolds in our Mohs lab.  They are round with a small tab on the side.  We like them so much better than the disposable embedding molds sold for paraffin embedding.  I have seen cryomolds that look like the same ones for paraffin but are they any thinner for quicker freezing?

1. Does anyone know where to get the round ones?    I do not see them on the Sakura website.
2. Do the square ones that look like our paraffin molds release easily?

Thanks,
Carol Torrence

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.