[Histonet] RE: Recycled Xylene

Nails, Felton flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org
Mon Jul 29 11:02:07 CDT 2013

We have been using recycled xylene for years and have found that it only present a problem on the clean cycle of the processor.
Everywhere we have not experienced a problem, so we use new xylene on the cleaning cycle.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Laurie Colbert
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 10:47 AM
To: Histonet Post (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)
Subject: [Histonet] Recycled Xylene

Does anyone out there have any problems with using recycled xylene to  clean the tissue processor?   I was just told that we should not use recycled xylene to clean the tissue processor.  How about using recycled xylene for either processing or staining?

Laurie Colbert, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
PATH MD
8158 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90048
(323) 648-3214 direct
(424) 245-7284 main lab

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.