[Histonet] Losing tissue on slides.

Catherine Simonson catherinesimonson <@t> gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 13:36:29 CDT 2013

Hello there,

One other possibility, all else being equal, is that of fixation.  If
whomever is doing the grossing is not fixing the tissue long enough before
processing ( do you have a new PA or pathologist?). That definitely has an
impact, I would start there.  This is especially true of more fatty tissues
such as breast tissue and lymph nodes.  I would still recommend using DI
water in the bath, stand the slides upright after picking up sections for
at least 10 to 15 minutes then dry in an oven at 60 degrees Celsius for
another 15 to 20 minutes.

Just my two cents.

Best of luck.

Catherine Simonson, B.S. HT(ASCP)