[Histonet] (no subject)

Walter Benton wbenton <@t> cua.md
Mon Jul 15 12:19:28 CDT 2013

Stacey,

In addition to the 70% step, many processors (not sure about this one had ways to perform a warm water flush) to rinse the lines of salt precipitate.

Walter Benton HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Supervisor
Chesapeake Urology Associates
806 Landmark Drive, Suite 127
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
443-471-5850 (Direct)
410-768-5961 (Lab)
410-768-5965 (Fax)
ChesapeakeUrology.com

Voted a Best Place to Work by
Baltimore and Modern Healthcare
Magazines.
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of STACEY [staceyjm <@t> sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 1:09 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Our laboratory has a Leica Peloris processor. Currently, we are using unbuffered 10% formalin. We are in the process of switching to 10% neutral buffered formalin. There is some concern about salt build-up within the processor, as the cleaning cycle only consists of cleaning xylene and cleaning alcohol. I spoke to a representative at Leica who maintains that if you use 1 or 2 stations containing 70% alcohol immediately after the formain stations, that this is enough to prevent salt build-up from the buffered formalin. One of my technicians has some concern about this procedure. I would appreciate any feedback on this issue, especially from another lab using the Leica Peloris with 10% neutral buffered formalin. Thank you.

Stacey Merica H.T.
Histology Supervisor
North Kansas City Hospital
North Kansas City, MO