[Histonet] (no subject)

STACEY staceyjm <@t> sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 15 12:09:47 CDT 2013

Our laboratory has a Leica Peloris processor. Currently, we are using unbuffered 10% formalin. We are in the process of switching to 10% neutral buffered formalin. There is some concern about salt build-up within the processor, as the cleaning cycle only consists of cleaning xylene and cleaning alcohol. I spoke to a representative at Leica who maintains that if you use 1 or 2 stations containing 70% alcohol immediately after the formain stations, that this is enough to prevent salt build-up from the buffered formalin. One of my technicians has some concern about this procedure. I would appreciate any feedback on this issue, especially from another lab using the Leica Peloris with 10% neutral buffered formalin. Thank you.

Stacey Merica H.T.
Histology Supervisor
North Kansas City Hospital
North Kansas City, MO