[Histonet] CAP REG

Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com
Thu Jul 11 08:01:53 CDT 2013

Good Morning to All,
This is a CAP reg ANP.10100 Intra-operative/Final Diagnosis Disparity.  I have a report that prints FS and final dx and I go through and check it each quarter for PI.  If there is a discrepancy, I have a form the Pathologist fills out stating what the issue may have been, for example, Sectioning problem, Sampling problem, Inappropriate selection of material for FS, etc.  The Pathologist checks one and I file it with my PI.
Hope this helps.
Wanda

WANDA G. SMITH, HTL(ASCP)HT
Pathology Supervisor
TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER
9330 Medical Plaza Drive
Charleston, SC  29406
843-847-4586
843-847-4296 fax

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sara Baldwin/mhhcc.org
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:23 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] CAP REG

Is there a CAP or some Regulation with a percentage for correlating the frozen section diagnosis with the final diagnosis, my pathologist seems to think there is we are joint commision and can't find anything about this, can anyone help??

Thanks
Histology/Cytology Supervisor
S. Kathy Baldwin, SCT (ASCP)
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center sbaldwin <@t> mhhcc.org Ph 812-996-0210, 0216, Fax 812-996-0232, Pager 812-481-0897, Cell 812-887-3357 _______________________________________________