[Histonet] IHC controls

Sarah Dysart sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com
Tue Jul 9 14:49:25 CDT 2013

So, I am working on some IHC stuff.  I need control for mouse tissues.  While I have just about every normal tissue you could ask for, several of these antibodies say the positive control is lung cancer, or breast cancer, or prostate cancer.  While I have all of these in human I don't have them in the species I am staining in...mouse.  Also, a couple of them say tonsil...do mice even have tonsils??

Anyhoo, what is ya'lls suggestion on this one?  Do I stain the appropriate tissue just in the wrong species (human), or does someone know where I can purchase mouse control slides and/or blocks?

Thanks

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP), QIHC (ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics
2150 Woodward Street
Suite 100