[Histonet] periodic acid/h&e

ewj <@t> pigsqq.org ewj <@t> pigsqq.org
Fri Jul 5 08:27:54 CDT 2013

Thanks for the tip.  I had some periodic acid so I tried a 2 minute soak in a 0.5% soln of that followed by a tap water wash and then dw then Harris hematoxylin countered with a Eosin-Biebrich scarlet we like on some classical swine fever slides I looked at today. Very nice.  I will play with this more.

By the way, We use the hot water/detergent method for all our dewaxing now.

We still are using xylene and alcohols for our processing from fixative to paraffin but
we will change that eventually.

E. Wayne Johnson
Enable Ag Tech
Beijing