[Histonet] Water in molds
Rene J Buesa
rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 09:36:14 CST 2013
Most unlikely because water (polar) cannot mix with paraffin (non-polar). Try to track your problem to the processing protocol.
From: Bonnie Gambichler <Bgambic1 <@t> jhmi.edu>
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:00 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Water in molds
My question concerns the possible presence of water in the embedding molds. Lately I've been noticing that the sections made from blocks embedded in our lab are melting very quickly around the edges. The sections are also coming apart from each other when placed on the waterbath. The tissue remains intact, so I don't think it's a processing problem. Could this be due to residual water left in the mold mixing with the paraffin?
Bonnie Gambichler, HT (ASCP)
Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
More information about the Histonet