[Histonet] Re: Helicobacter pylori immunocytochemistry - cytoplasmatic staining

Bob Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:18:30 CST 2013

I quite often see faint cytoplasmic staining in immunostains for
Helicobacter. You're supposed to ignore it. It's often present in the
negative control slide - one of the few reasons I ever look at a
negative control slide.

These days I get my IHC for Helicobacter from whatever Genzyme is
called this week. I'm noticing considerably less cytoplasmic staining
than I've usually seen before. (I have no commercial interest here.)

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN