[Histonet] "harder" paraffin

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 15:18:15 CST 2013

Merk (Darmstad, Germany) used to manufacture paraffin waxes of 63ºC and 65ºC, hard enough to be used in plant microtomy. They are all whitish.
Try contacting Merk, or perhaps Adrich.
René J.

From: "Molinari, Betsy" <BMolinari <@t> texasheart.org>
To: "Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 12:31 PM
Subject: [Histonet] "harder" paraffin

Hi Histonetters,
Good Friday to you all. Do you know if there is a “harder” paraffin  that may offer more support to the tissue while cutting? I currently use Paraplast Plus and love it, but now I am cutting some polymer material and there is some tearing and was thinking that maybe a different paraffin would help. I am trying to avoid embedding in plastic.
Thanks,
Betsy Molinari HT (ASCP)
Texas Heart Institute
Cardiovascular Pathology
1101 Bates Street
Houston,TX 77030
832-355-6524 (lab)
832-355-6812 (fax)

[THI Celebrates 50 Years]<http://www.texasheart.org/AboutUs/History/index.cfm>

Betsy Molinari
Senior Histology Research Technician
832-355-6524 | BMolinari <@t> texasheart.org<mailto:BMolinari <@t> texasheart.org>
www.texasheart.org<www.texasheart.orghttp://www.texasheart.org>

TEXAS HEART INSTITUTE
6770 Bertner Ave. MC 1-283 | Houston, TX 77030

[Receive electronic news from THI]<https://secure3.convio.net/thi/site/SPageNavigator/GlobalSiteOptInPage.html>[THI on Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/Texas.Heart.Institute>[THI on Twitter]<http://twitter.com/Texas_Heart>[THI on YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/TexasHeartInstitute>[THI's Flickr page]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/texasheart/sets/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review or dissemination or copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your computer system.