[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 110, Issue 16

Madeleine Huey madeleinehuey <@t> gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:25:35 CST 2013

Betsy,
Try the Paraplast Plus X-TRA.  You can mix X-TRA with Plus (3:1) ratio
is too hard for your blade.
Good Luck!
madeleine_h <@t> elcaminohospital.org

From: BMolinari <@t> texasheart.org
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:31:02 +0000
CC:
Subject: [Histonet] "harder" paraffin

Hi Histonetters,
Good Friday to you all. Do you know if there is a “harder” paraffin
that may offer more support to the tissue while cutting? I currently
use Paraplast Plus and love it, but now I am cutting some polymer
material and there is some tearing and was thinking that maybe a
different paraffin would help. I am trying to avoid embedding in
plastic.
Thanks,
Betsy Molinari HT (ASCP)
Texas Heart Institute