[Histonet] tricks about antibody generated in human on human tissue for IHC

Connolly, Brett M brett_connolly <@t> merck.com
Fri Jan 11 08:21:52 CST 2013

Hi Carole,

While I have no direct experience with human on human IHC, my first thought would be to biotinylate your primary antibody and then you would omit the anti-human secondary which is the most likely source of your background staining.

If you are using fluorescence you could also conjugate your primary with a fluorophore  (http://www.invitrogen.com/site/us/en/home/brands/Molecular-Probes/Key-Molecular-Probes-Products/Zenon-Labeling-Technology.html)

Brett M. Connolly, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist, Imaging Dept.
Merck & Co., Inc.
PO Box 4, WP-44K