[Histonet] FW: Announcing the 7th international retreat of applied IHC and molecular pathology (AIMP)

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Thu Jan 10 11:05:30 CST 2013

  _____

From: Hadi Yaziji, MD [mailto:info <@t> pathlearning.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:55 AM
To: Patsy Ruegg
Subject: Announcing the 7th international retreat of applied IHC and
molecular pathology (AIMP)

Dear colleagues,

It is our honor and pleasure to announce the 7th Annual International
Retreat on Applied Immunohistochemistry and Molecular Pathology (AIMP), from
February 3-7, 2013, in the sunny and beautiful Miami (Coral Gables), FL. The
reason we have been offering this retreat for six years (and hopefully many
more years to come) is because we maintained focus on the issues that matter
the most to the practicing pathologist. In the way of example , the 7th
annual retreat will continue to focus on the following aspects of IHC and
molecular applications in our practice:

1. Among the >2000 new antibodies, can you offer a short list of new
antibodies that I can benefit from their utility in surgical pathology?
2. What type of IHC platform should we bring to our pathology lab?
3. How can we effectively apply QA measures into our IHC lab and molecular
lab?
4. What kind of impact do the ASCO/CAP guidelines have on our gross room
workflow and documentation?
5. What do I need to do to ensure our lab is compliant with these
guidelines, and compliant with other CAP and CLIA requirements?
6. What kind of FISH or molecular assays could our lab benefit from bringing
in-house?
7. What are the most common molecular assays in oncologic pathology that I
should be familiar with?
8. How do I build a molecular lab in my hospital?
9. Can you show me real - life examples of the staining pattern of
antibodies I use in my practice?

10. What are the clinical applications of the molecular oncology assays, and
what is the biology behind the testing and treatment?

11. What's the best IHC panel to properly classify lung cancer?

12. What's the best IHC panel to properly work up undifferentiated malignant
neoplasm

13. What's the best IHC panel to properly work up metastatic carcinoma of
unknown primary site?

13. What's the best IHC panel for mesothelioma vs. carcinoma?

14. How do I workup germ cell tumors by IHC?

15. How do I do IHC on cytology preparations?

16. What are the cancer predictive/prognostic assays that are not based on
IHC, ISH or FISH?

17. What are the reimbursement issues facing payments for IHC, FISH and
molecular assays?

In essence, there is nothing that you deal with in your day-to-day surgical
pathology practice as far as ancillary testing is concerned that is not
going to be discussed at this retreat in some way, shape or form. We go
straight to the bottom line without presenting to you any non-evidence based
science that is not going to affect your practice of surgical pathology.

We constructed the educational program to address the above practical
questions, as you can note from perusing the Schedule page. We assembled a
group of the most experienced colleagues in the field, including Rich
Cartun, Rich Eisen, David Hicks, Todd Barry, Jason Hornick, Savitri
Krishnamurthy, and myself. For the detailed schedule, please click here.
<http://pathlearning.dmanalytics2.com/click?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpathlearning.com%
2FPathology_Learning_Center%2FCourse_Schedule.html&i=1&d=32419694-Y16V-4V1V-
Z8VZ-86Y3Z2Y64ZZZ&e=pruegg%40ihctech.net&a=048187V2-0814-46Z2-8U36-Y621V17Z6
9Z3>

On average, 40% of attendees are repeat attendees. Our colleagues who
attended the first five courses truly enjoyed this event. In fact, many of
them described it as "the most practical CME pathology course I've ever
attended". We hope you will enjoy the upcoming course. It is very exciting
and we look forward to seeing you there.

Please click here
<http://pathlearning.dmanalytics2.com/click?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pathlearning.
com%2F&i=2&d=32419694-Y16V-4V1V-Z8VZ-86Y3Z2Y64ZZZ&e=pruegg%40ihctech.net&a=0
48187V2-0814-46Z2-8U36-Y621V17Z69Z3> Â for detailed information of the
program and how to register. This year, the ballroom can only accommodate a
maximum of 175 participants in classroom seating. We recommend that you
register fairly soon to guarantee a spot.

Best regards,

Hadi Yaziji, MD and Rich Eisen, MD
Course Directors

Unsubscribe
<http://pathlearning.dmanalytics2.com/click?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpathlearning.dman
alytics2.com%2Fdelivery-unsubscribe%3Fd%3D32419694-Y16V-4V1V-Z8VZ-86Y3Z2Y64Z
ZZ%26e%3Dpruegg%2540ihctech.net%26a%3D048187V2-0814-46Z2-8U36-Y621V17Z69Z3%2
6f%3D&i=3&d=32419694-Y16V-4V1V-Z8VZ-86Y3Z2Y64ZZZ&e=pruegg%40ihctech.net&a=04
8187V2-0814-46Z2-8U36-Y621V17Z69Z3>

 <http://directmailmac.com> Direct Mail for Mac

This email is powered by Direct Mail for Mac.  <http://directmailmac.com>
Learn More
<http://pathlearning.dmanalytics2.com/report-spam?d=32419694-Y16V-4V1V-Z8VZ-
86Y3Z2Y64ZZZ&e=pruegg <@t> ihctech.net> Report Spam

<https://www.dmanalytics2.com/open?d=32419694-Y16V-4V1V-Z8VZ-86Y3Z2Y64ZZZ&e=
pruegg%40ihctech.net&a=048187V2-0814-46Z2-8U36-Y621V17Z69Z3>