[Histonet] Randomized Curling of Thick (40um) Frozen Sections on Positively Charged Slides

path lab pathology.histology <@t> gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:05:28 CST 2013

Hello Histo-World,

We are experiencing randomized curling of our thick (40um) frozen mouse
brain sections. This curling occurs in the cortex and hippocampus region
(these are coronal sections) during the counterstain process for Cresyl
Stain (when the tissue is hydrated post alcohol gradient). Is there any
explanation for this? It's not occurring in all of the animals slides and
is very random. We have performed this IHC protocol numerous times and
never seen this type of artifact before.

Thank you for all your help!!!