[Histonet] FISH baking and dewaxing

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 13:29:51 CST 2013

Hi Ronnie,

FISH pretreatment can be harsh and that might explain the long baking
(don't want the tissue to fall off).  On the other hand, I've put a slide
in the oven for 5 minutes and had the tissue stay on in a rush.

I think the dewaxing can be shortened without affecting the FISH signals.
 Our molecular director has us validate any minor change to the
pretreatment protocol, so depending on the director's opinion it could mean
a re-validation.

Mark T.