[Histonet] Slide Mate printers

Pam Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Thu Feb 14 13:01:36 CST 2013

We bought the Print Mate for Cassettes and Slide Mate for slides over two years ago.  We use the Thermo Colorfrost slides and they work well.  We had issues in t he beginning and it was very difficult.  Thermo hung in there and made sure we were happy and got things working well.  We are very happy overall.  It was a newer system when we got it and the problems were well handled.

The ribbon can be an issue especially if you are not paying attention and too much is on t he used spindle but also checking to prevent the ribbon from pulling the foil at the end of a roll under as that will damage t he print head.  It can also be placed in the printer wrong and if it is not tight enough and allowed to bunch up the printing is bad.

Pam Marcum

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisa M. White" <Lisa.White3 <@t> va.gov>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:18:01 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Slide Mate printers

We have the slide mate printers.  We have the best luck with Item# 12
550 15 Slide Superfrost White (there are color slides also).

I have found that you have to remove excess used printer ribbon from the
unit at least once a week.  One day all my prefixes disappeared from my
slides, investigated to find that the used ribbon roll had started
leaning to one side.  Removed the old ribbon and it started printing
well after that.  We had some trouble with format, but after a service
call it has been resolved.

If you think that printer head is expensive to repair check out some of
the other ones many many $$$$$ more than that.

Lisa White, HT(ASCP)