[Histonet] Bronch Order Forms

Parker, Helayne HParker <@t> Skaggs.Net
Tue Feb 5 14:48:14 CST 2013

 Hi All,
  Not sure how many of you do cytologies in your departments?  We do quite a bit of bronchs around here and about 5 years ago a new physician who is no longer here developed the form that we currently use.   It has never been liked by the nurses in scopes etc and it is pretty complicated.  It allows Drs to put up to 5 microbiology, hematology, cyto or histo samples (many of which we share in all depts) on one form and has multiple check boxes to check as to what tests they want for each sample in multiple columns.  We are looking to streamline this form to hopefully make it easier for everyone involved.  Any of you have any Bronch ordering forms you really like or have used some in the past. Needs to be a paper order as we are not on a Lab system in Path at this point.

Thanks,

Helayne Parker, H.T. (ASCP)
Pathology Section Head
Cox Medical Center Branson