[Histonet] RE: CAP survey Question

Sue Hunter SHUNTER <@t> beaumont.edu
Thu Dec 5 09:46:08 CST 2013

We do the same process as Linda does here at Beaumont.
Sue

Sue Hunter, Supervisor
Advanced Diagnostics
Beaumont Health System
Royal Oak MI
248-898-5146
shunter <@t> beaumont.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sebree Linda A
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 4:34 PM
To: 'Vickroy, Jim'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: CAP survey Question

We also have Ultras Jim.  We don't print out the run logs.  IHC personnel review the controls before they go to a pathologist in order to catch any problems.  The pathologists are supposed to review the controls associated with each case they sign out.  Our pathology report has a statement included that the negative and positive controls have stained appropriately.  By signing off on each case, the pathologist is attesting to the fact that he has indeed reviewed the controls...we do not police them.

So far, this works for us.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics IHC/ISH Laboratory
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596