[Histonet] Unstained slides

Martha Ward-Pathology mward <@t> wakehealth.edu
Wed Aug 28 09:28:40 CDT 2013

We are looking at ways to improve our work processes, save time and labor and reduce costs, all while maintaining patient quality...as we all are of course.

During our conversations the subject of cutting unstained slides has come up and we are looking for bench marking data to see if we are where we need to be.    Currently we are cutting unstained slides for various protocols (including prostate biopsies), where the specimens are tiny,  but we are also cutting a lot of "just in case" unstained slides.   Our research has shown that about 50% of the time the unstained slides requested are never used and we are trying to find out if that is high, low or about what other institutions are seeing.   If anyone has any data they could share with us we would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help.   I can share what I find out if others are interested.

Martha Ward, MT (ASCP) QIHC
Manager

Molecular Diagnostics Lab
Medical Center Boulevard  \  Winston-Salem, NC 27157 p 336.716.2109  \  f 336.716.5890 mward <@t> wakehealth.edu