[Histonet] RE: IHC Tissue

Kuhnla, Melissa Melissa.Kuhnla <@t> chsli.org
Wed Aug 28 07:04:44 CDT 2013

I am also interested! We are currently validating the four MMr
antibodies and having a hard time acquiring enough tumors that lack
staining for each Ab.  To show appropriate staining you can also use
appendix and tonsil.  Showing lack of attaining is the issue for us. We
have some tumors but not a sufficient number.
Melissa

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sebree
Linda A
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:39 AM
To: 'Herring, Colleen'; Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: IHC Tissue

Hi Colleen,

We are just wrestling with this very issue and have decided to use:

	Normal colon, i.e. staining present with all four antibodies
	Colon carcinoma without the mutation, i.e. staining present with
all four antibodies
	Colon carcinoma(s) with the mutation for each antibody, i.e. no
staining present for each of the four antibodies, probably employing two
different specimens

I'll be interested in your other responses since our plan is not yet set
in stone.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596