[Histonet] Bone/cartilage/epithelial tissue stain

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj <@t> pigsqq.org
Fri Aug 23 23:29:12 CDT 2013

At one time I did a lot of work on cartilage and growth plate
and used Toluidine Blue and Fast Green.  T-blue (buffered appropriately)
stains the
proteoglycan a lovely metachromatic blue and the bone and most
everything else
is green.  The nuclei of cells are also green since we used no nuclear
stain, but
that was not a problem for our work.

The cartilage is in stark contrast to the bone because of the high
carbohydrate
(glycosaminoglycan/proteoglycan) content of cartilage.