[Histonet] Uncertified Histotechs

Jon Hannasch jon2038433 <@t> maricopa.edu
Thu Aug 22 18:43:10 CDT 2013

Is getting a job as an uncertified histotech a thing of the past? I have a friend who has been a very skilled histotech for many years and they have been looking for a job for about a year now. Is this due to bad interviewing or a lack of certification? I'm curious to see if this has happened to other people. They have applied at hospitals and bigger labs such as Caris. Im not asking for a job lead for them I'm just more curious if certification has become a prerequisite now.