[Histonet] Xylene Substitutes

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 12:24:52 CDT 2013

Donna:
Please go to the web site I indicated in my previous answer and you find detailed answer.
After you stain the sections (regardless of the procedure) you dry them in an oven at 60ºC for 5 mins. and they are completely dry (ANATHEMA!!!!!!! to most) you just place them in your automated coverslipper with the same mounting medium you are using now. You need to change NOTHING.
Try it!
René J.

________________________________
From: "Dingersoll <@t> aplaboratories.com" <Dingersoll <@t> aplaboratories.com>
To: Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>; "Yaskovich, Ruth A (NIH/NIDCR) [E]" <ryaskovich <@t> dir.nidcr.nih.gov>; "'Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'" <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:20 PM
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Xylene Substitutes

Rene,

How do you recommend cover slipping with out xylene?  We use a tape cover slip instrument that requires xylene.  If you are using glass coverslips what kind of adhesive is used?  I am very interested in eliminating xylene as much as possible, but we are a high volume lab and many of the automated instruments (stainers, coverslippers) require xylene.  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Donna S. Ingersoll, B.S., HTL, CT(ASCP)
Laboratory Manager
A P Laboratories, LLC
2090 Executive Hall Rd Suite 165
Charleston, SC 29407
843-300-3001 X 202
843-300-3003 (fax)
dingersoll <@t> aplaboratories.com

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Further, any medical information herein is confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential medical information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is prohibited.