[Histonet] IHC after EDTA decalcifying

koellingr <@t> comcast.net koellingr <@t> comcast.net
Thu Aug 15 21:16:30 CDT 2013

Could I ask exactly what you are looking for in mouse femur and human tonsil the tonsil  I assume is a control?  For what?  Whatever you are looking for is obviously in human tonsil.  Are you positive it is in murine femur.  I used to stain for 15-20 targets in EDTA decaled mouse femurs but my control was also a mouse.

Ray

Research Scientist

Comparative Medicine

University of Washington

----- Original Message -----

From: "Colleen Forster" <cforster <@t> umn.edu>
To: "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:58:35 PM
Subject: [Histonet] IHC after EDTA decalcifying

Hello fellow histonetters,

Can someone who has worked with decalcifyied bone tell me if EDTA
interferes with IHC staining? I was under the impression it did not but
cannot get staining in mouse femurs that I have decaled in EDTA. I have
used both the steamer and the decloaker for retrieval and in the human
tonsil the stain is great.

Any suggestions......

Thanks in advance!

Colleen Forster