[Histonet] new job posting Sunny Colorado!!

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed Aug 14 09:24:29 CDT 2013

Good morning fellow histonetters.

We have a great job opportunity here at Premier Laboratory.  Premier is a small CRO that supports the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and tissue construct industries.  We are a GLP/GMP compliant laboratory.  We are not your standard cookie cutter histology laboratory, we work on lots of specialized studies and projects so each day there is always something new to do and something new to learn.  We specialize in routine and specialized histology, immunohistochemistry, whole slide scanning and image analysis.  Our core values are high quality and great customer service, we consider our clients our partners and are always willing to take that extra step.

The opening is for a full time position - Research Associate II.  The description is below:

Job Title:  Research Associate II
Department: Histology

Summary of Position:

Candidate will be responsible for supporting the Histology Group in daily activities with a primary focus in immunohistochemical staining and IHC protocol development.

Duties and Responsibilities:

Immunohistochemistry
o   Immunohistochemical staining
o   Protocol development for immunohistochemistry
o   Management of day to day functions of immunohistochemical stains
o   Procedure writing for immunohistochemical stains
o   Ordering and managing supplies for immunohistochemical stains
o   General microscopy

General Histology
o  Perform special stains
o  Sectioning of tissue

General Laboratory Duties
o  General laboratory upkeep and cleaning
o  Stock Supplies
o  Inventory Control
o  Quality Control

Equipment Used
o  PC Computer
o  Balance/Scale
o  Embedding Center
o  Tissue Processor
o  Histology Stainer
o  Autostainers
o  Microscopes
o  Aperio Scanscope and Spectrum Database

Important Qualities

- Work closely with management and personnel to meet company’s operational needs
- Ensure security and confidentiality, as well as integrity of data
- Manage internal and external office communications
- Monitor and maintain laboratory supplies
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment

Desired Skills & Experience:

-  A Bachelor’s degree in science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
-  HT or HTL certification preferred, QIHC certification helpful
-  Knowledge of GLP, GMP and CLIA helpful
-  6+ months experience within a laboratory environment, ideally in immunohistochemistry
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and schedule
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with management and staff throughout the company
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required

40 hours per week, 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, no overtime
Salary based on experience

Please send CV and salary requirements to Elizabeth Chlipala - email:  liz <@t> premierlab.com

Thanks

Liz