[Histonet] MART1 Stain Frozen Section Samples

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Mon Aug 5 14:41:29 CDT 2013

David

I can't help you out with the MART 1 IHC on frozen but DO NOT store your positive control block in the cryostat it should be stored at -70C if possible.   We store our frozen section control blocks at -70C.  Once the block has been sectioned we cover the tissue with a thin layer of OCT and then store in tiny plastic bags in our -70C freezer.  If you think you are going to be using these a lot I would store on the chuck that way you will not loose too much tissue when you have to recut, or you can cut a bunch of control slides at one time.  The issue with that is that they should not be stored all in one box, what you want to avoid is numerous freeze/thaw cycles for the control slides.  We cut the frozen sections let air dry at room temp and then place them multiple in slide boxes, we store what we need for a particular run in one box.  In the box we place a small bag of indicator silica gel (this will absorb any excess water, Silica gel, 6-16 mesh indicating is what we use) and seal the slide box in a plastic food seal bag using a food sealer, place in -70C.  We take out of the freezer the night before and place at room temp prior to staining.  This seems to work well for us.  If we are cutting just control slides we use the 5 slide mailers, or you could even use the plastic two slide holders that are flat, place the silica gel on top of the plastic holder and seal both together.  We use nylon tissue biopsy bags to place the silica gel in and we just staple the bag shut.

Good Luck

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592