[Histonet] Portable fans in the lab

Victoria Baker bakevictoria <@t> gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 11:31:40 CDT 2013

Hi
Rene is correct about standing them up right to drain, but if you are using
charged slides water gets trapped underneath the sections because of the +
charge of the slide itself.  If you see a bubble on the last section or
around  sections on a ribbon you can release the water by just pin pricking
them on the edge with a needle point or the tip of a fine
tipped forceps. Tap the section and the water will drain away from the
tissue.
Joelle is on target with use of a fan if your lab has an increased or high
humidity level as this will also affect the water retention on a slide.