[Histonet] 2013 CAP Inspection Success & National Lab

Ian R Bernard ibernard <@t> uab.edu
Fri Apr 19 05:31:26 CDT 2013

Colleagues, thank you for your input with questions.  Your input and our implementation have proved successful.

Hard work towards alignment of policies, procedures and practices to standards (CAP) all proved successful.  Thank you to my staff, in particular SRA George Williams, for their hard work in preparation.

Yesterday, 18th April 13, we were inspected by CAP and we are glad to report that we had a very successful outcome: Our Anatomic Pathology department scored with: "Zero Discrepancies and Recommendations".

A very detailed inspection, in all aspects of our entire laboratory with 10 inspectors.  Bottom-line: Our Lab is reaccredited another two years to serve our patient population.

Also glad to report that prior to the inspection that our lab was selected as the 2013 Advance Magazine National Lab of the Year! Please see the April edition of Advance Magazine.

Fellow Colorado Histo colleagues, I'll see you tomorrow for the Colorado Society of Histotechnology Meeting in Fort Collins.

V/r
Ian R. Bernard
Ian R. Bernard, MSHA, HT (ASCP)- (Working on HTL)
NCOIC-Manager, Anatomic Pathology Lab
10th Medical Group
USAF Academy, CO 80840
Graduate Certificate In Gerontology Student-UAB
210-687-7540