[Histonet] Isopentane storage-the polling is open

Maria Mejia mbmphoto <@t> gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 14:40:17 CDT 2013

Hello Paula,

At my previous lab at UCSF, we often had a lot of large & small tissue to freeze &
therefore we used quite a bit of liquid nitrogen.  We would get our LN2 from a local
vendo, & was delivered in a low pressure 230 tall slender LN2 tank.  The tank
had a nozzle attached for easy & safe dispensing. We then dispensed LN2 into
1 and 2 liter Dewar flasks.  These flasks were keep at room temp (under the hood),
ready to use during freezing.

This 230 liter tank was strapped stored in a corner of the lab (room temp) & the
LN2 inside the tank would last about 3 weeks.  The LN2 vendor automatically
made delivers of LN2 to our lab - once a month & cost under $100/month.

This local LN2 vendor, also carries smaller tanks filled with LN2 which can be
stored at room temp., with dispensing nozzles.  Paula, this is another option for
you - but you'd still need to purchase a Dewar flask to use during freezing.

Hope all is well.

Best
Maria Mejia
Affymetrix, Inc