[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 113, Issue 10

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 17:02:07 CDT 2013

Hi Lin,
     I understand the desire to reduce the amount of waste hauled off as
hazardous material. The issue I had with this product is that there was
very little information about the product itself in the MSDS. Technically
it couldn't be determined if the neutralizer itself could be dumped down
the drain, much less in the company of formalin. The next question of
weather the formalin was fully neutralized or not. There isn't really a
good way to prove the formalin has actually been neutralized short of
testing the waste solution with tests that are likely more expensive than
the waste hauler in the first place.
     Ultimately, the decision should be made by your Department of
Environmental Protection. It would be best to share the MSDS & directions
for use with them and let them decide if it is a good idea before trying to
use it.

Amos Brooks