[Histonet] Whole slide scanners, any reviews..?

Erickson, Jamie E jamie.erickson <@t> abbvie.com
Wed Apr 10 12:17:16 CDT 2013

HI All,
             Our Department is reviewing whole slide scanners for possible purchase soon We are looking at systems that do both Bright field and Fluorescence and I was wondering if anyone out in histoland is using the Leica (Ariol),Zeiss (axioscan Z1) or the Perkin Elmer's (Vectra) scanners. I would love to hear from you regarding your thoughts about, image quality, scanner speed, cost, image databases etc.
We hope to use this for telepathology as well as image analysis, so any thoughts would be great..

Thanks,

Jamie Erickson
Scientist II
HTL (ASCP),MS