[Histonet] IHC (DAB) after H&E?

MARY T HODGES hodges420 <@t> msn.com
Fri Apr 5 08:43:44 CDT 2013

I have just ihc over the section and not removed the h/e as long as it is on a positive charged slide and had no problems

From: Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:00:40
To: <NMargaryan <@t> luriechildrens.org>; <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>; <histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>; <histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] IHC (DAB) after H&E?

Yes, you need to remove it. Hydrate your sections and place them in a 1% aq. acetic acid solution (it will be a weak acid solution) and you will see how the eosin fades and the hematoxylin becomes reddish. Keep them in the solution until almost all the hematoxylin becomes less evident but it will never totally "disappear". This will be of minor importance unless the epitope you are trying to detect is nuclear.

  René J.