[Histonet] thickness of slides

Nancy Schmitt Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com
Wed Sep 19 12:15:02 CDT 2012

Diana-
We cut routine slides at 4 microns.
Blocks marked for lymph node are cut at 2.5.
Prostate needle cores: we cut three levels and save two unstained at each level.
	H&E has two sections - bottom section is always deepest - unstains are taken from in between the upper and lower 	section on the H&E.
Nancy
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:00:22 -0400
From: "Diana McCaig" <dmccaig <@t> ckha.on.ca>
Subject: [Histonet] thickness of slides
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Can you tell me what thickness you cut your routine slides for H&E and immuno (in particular lymph nodes).

Also, your protocol for cutting prostate needle core biopsies.....how many spares you cut and do you designate the level on the slide label if multiple levels are submitted on one slide?

Thanks

Diana

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information
is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed
incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any
attachments. Thank you.